- The Bishop Dudley Hospitality House has provided 25,144 safe nights of sleep for single males, 5,364 safe nights for single females, and 2,147 safe nights for families.
- In 2016 the Bishop Dudley Hospitality House has served 1,443 unique, unduplicated men (1085) and women (358) guests. (57) Families have been served and (47) families have transitioned from the facility to either their own apartment or transitional living. (136) children have been served in the family units.
- In August 2016, a children’s playground was be installed in the family courtyard and provides hours or socialization and fun for the families and children that we serve on a daily basis.
In Sioux Falls and Minnehaha County, real people with real lives often find themselves without a home. According to a September 2013 homeless count census, this is what they look like:
- 55% list full-time employment as their primary income
- 22% are single-parent families
- 2% are married couples with no children
- 72% are single adults
- 18% are veterans
- 618 people in Sioux Falls are homeless - 218 are children
- Suggesting even more significant numbers of families in crisis, the Sioux Falls School District identified 935 children as homeless at some point during the 2013-2014 school year (498 families)